Award-winning creative director and designer, musician, world traveler, former horse wrangler, and Photoshop expert—Kelly has worked in the design industry since the early 90's. Having earned her Bachelor’s Degree from San Diego State University, she has enjoyed an exciting and colorful career from her early years at a record label to her recent role as the top creative for an international software company.
Having received numerous awards for Art Direction and Design throughout her 25+ years in the industry, Kelly brings a wealth of experience in creative direction, creative strategy, branding, graphic and web design, interactive and digital marketing, video production, media planning and marketing strategy, and executive presentation development. In her recent position with a San Diego-based technology company, Kelly personally transformed a two-person design team into a thriving, high-volume internal design agency, while managing the corporation's creative vision and market presence, as the company's top creative. Having spent over 15 years in publishing, she continues to art direct, digitally illustrate, and design book covers for a number of distinguished publishers across the globe. Kelly also enjoys teaching, sharing her design and marketing expertise as Faculty at The Art Institute of California, San Diego. She is excited to have recently begun sharing her creative expertise in a consulting capacity, working with clients across a wide range of industries. Above all else, Kelly loves being a mom and, in her free time, lead singer and keyboard player for a San Diego-based rock band.
· Mastery of design methodologies and creative strategy, maintaining an active awareness of industry trends and evolutions, both aesthetic and technological.
· 25+ years in creative direction, bringing a wealth of experience in the why and how of design; educating while providing clear, concise feedback.
· Extensive experience in marketing strategy and planning across multiple verticals, including targeted campaign development for interactive, digital and print media, web services, traditional and multi-channel marketing, sales enablement, new media opportunities, and mobile development.
· Highly experienced in brand strategy, including the development and roll-out of value prop and brand standards to multi-national verticals.
. Unparalleled skills in professional executive and event multi-media presentation development and design, including planning, media conceptualization, and production.
· Extensive experience in all facets of video production, including script and storyboard development, wire framing, motion graphics, UX, shoot testing, planning, and on-site art direction.
. Highly experienced in photo shoot art direction, from scene concepting, to model, photographer, and location selection, for commercials through all levels of corporate video support.
· Innovation Coaching, experienced in troubleshooting development obstacles and efficiency enhancements of design development methodologies.
· Experienced in Customer Experience mapping, including touch point effectiveness evaluation and persona development.
· Highly talented in the area of creative resource development, including strategic team building, department restructuring, and resource management.
· Extensive experience in budget management and cost control, financial prioritization and reporting to C-level executives, internal billing modeling, and operational management
· Proven track record of successfully strategizing and managing large scale corporate initiatives from conceptualization to launch.
Design + Art | 25 years
Creative Direction . Creative Strategy . Art Direction . Graphic + Web Design . Interactive Media + Design . Photo Compositing . Digital Illustration . Concepting + Planning
Marketing + Advertising | 20 years
Creative Direction . Creative Strategy . Art Direction . Concepting + Strategy . Branding . Video/Photo Shoot Art Direction . Graphic Design . Production Management . Web Design . Market Testing
Publishing | 17 years
Art Direction . Senior Packaging Design . Expert Photo Compositing . Digital Illustration . Interactive Marketing . Catalog Planning + Design
Entertainment + Event Planning | 14 years
Creative Direction . Technical Strategy and Planning . Vendor Selection + Alignment . Media Planning + Execution . Graphic Design . Digital Illustration . Web Design + Site Development . Storyboarding + Script Development
creative direction + strategy
graphic + web design
book cover design
corporate website planning
mobile strategy + dev
user interface design
new business development
customer experience mapping
revenue + budget planning
California Association of Nursing
California Museum of Sciences
California State Universities
First National Bank
Greenfield Village / Henry Ford Museum
Harry Potter: The Exhibition
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishers
Little Brown Publishers
Mitchell International Software
The Philadelphia Zoo
Polynesian Cultural Center
Simon & Schuester Publishers
Walt Disney Corporation
Warner Brothers, Inc.